I was so excited to see that 13 brilliant projects were linked up for the inaugural Sew it Chic in a Week link up! Did you find any new blogs and new seamstresses? I totally did and now my blog reader is even more inspiring.
It was so much fun that I want to do it again! In fact, I went ahead and bought InLinkz service for the next 6 months so we can collectively see if this remains a fun way to share.
Additionally, I would like to take this weekly opportunity to focus on one seamstress from the link up and learn a bit about her.
This is Bryanna, and she blogs over at Sweet Shop Sewing. I was pretty excited to see that she is also a runner and a pattern designer! Last week she showed us her bright running top and it got the most clicks.
Bryanna answered a few questions about herself so we could all get to know her.
- On sewing motivation: “I think what motivates me to sew the most is seeing an item I’ve finished and knowing that I worked hard to make it. I feel so good when I use my time wisely and sewing helps me do that. Not only do I feel like I’m using my time well when I’m sewing, but the desire to have time to sew whips me into shape so that I’ll have time to sew-no wasting time!”
- Her favorite thing about sewing: “I love the control it gives me over the clothes I wear. I can make any color, any design, and most importantly I can make it fit the way I want it to.”
- Her least favorite thing: “That would probably be the time it takes to get something to fit just right. It’s worth it in the end, but sometimes it is hard work to fix fitting issues.”
- Something she has recently learned: “I’ve been learning about welt pockets lately because I just finished a pair of dress pants for my husband. I learned how to reinforce them better and make them look more professional. I know I have even more to learn so I got a Craftsy class about pocket drafting that I’m excited to start watching.”
Thank you, Bryanna, for answering my questions so promptly when all of a sudden I got the idea to interview our featured seamstress. She was such a good sport!
And now for our weekly link up. Here is a reminder of the very simple rules:
- Women’s garments only
- Made or blogged in the past week only – to avoid reposts.
- The party is open for a week, until next Friday, and I’ll open a new one Saturday. Feel free to link up every once in a while or try, like me, to complete a garment every week!
Optional additional ideas:
- If you are on a blogging platform that supports links, please link back to http://www.grayallday.com by using the Sew it Chic in a Week button in the sidebar, or just a simple mention in the text of your post. That way more people will find the party!
- Look around and share a comment or 2 with a neighbor. I don’t mind admitting that I savor blog comments as much as dark chocolate. They are encouraging and build community.
[inlinkz_linkup id=494197 mode=1]