Happy November to you all! And I hope your Halloween was fun! It is my favorite holiday by far. Dressing up, eating candy? Yes, yes, yes! I made my oldest a University of Washington cheerleader costume, even though I warned her no one down here in CA would know who she was exactly. My little one was a cat, so I made her a fur tunic with a tail and headband ears.
I have no special feature for you this month to introduce the Link-up except to say that I think the monthly format is working great and I really appreciate all of the lovely items you guys added!
Beginning next month I will feature a new seamstress that links up here – watch your email for my nosy questions!. This month I don’t quite have the routine down. I am so obviously not comfortable with change — it is taking me so long to get settled here! We have been doing a lot of home improvements that eat up valuable blog and sewing time, but they are still fun and very necessary. This month was dominated by my kitchen getting painted. We didn’t even do the work, but having our kitchen torn apart made me crazy. We had to put all our food and kitchen items in our living room. That room had to be guarded like Fort Knox against the dog, let me tell you.
And I’m rearranging the sewing room. After being in here and using the space for a couple months, I think I have a better grasp of how I want it to function. Still no pics, but I will post when done, I promise!
On to the Party! Here are a couple little rules:
- Women’s garments only
- Made or blogged in the past month only – to avoid reposts.
- The party is open about a month, until the last day of that month.
- You don’t have to blog to join in! Link up your Pattern Review, your Kollabora project or even an Instagram pic. I know there are so many lovely things made that we never see because not everyone is crazy enough to blog. I also have one person who emails me the pictures so I can get them up here.
Optional additional ideas:
- If you are on a blogging platform that supports links, please link back to http://www.grayallday.com by using the Sew it Chic button in the sidebar, or just a simple mention in the text of your post. That way more people will find the party!
- Look around and share a comment or 2 with a neighbor. I don’t mind admitting that I savor blog comments as much as Halloween candy. They are encouraging and build community.
[inlinkz_linkup id=580346 mode=1]