Another week has flown by as I play catch-up from my trip. Doesn’t it seem like you spend nearly a week preparing for your trip by planning, completing projects, packing, cleaning your house…then you go on your trip. Fun! Then it takes another week of recovery by doing laundry, work, and family responsibilities? I am just now calming down enough to sit at my sewing machine again.
Right now I am muslining some patterns so I can sew up my beautiful new fabric from LA. I am also muslining up a new dress design. Don’t hold your breath for that one, folks, since I am the slowest designer ever. But in my head it is cute and just what I want to wear all summer. Yes, I know, I should get a move on if I want to wear it for even a portion of this summer. Maybe it will be ready for my Australian and New Zealand friends?
This week’s featured seamstress is the talented Barbara from barbarajanemade.com. Last week she shared a sleek and stunning Vogue 1399 peplum dress which everyone loved! Here are her answers to our probing seamstress questions…
Since I have time to really peruse the entries this week I am anxious to get started! Here are the short and sweet rules for the link up party:
- Women’s garments only
- Made or blogged in the past week only – to avoid reposts.
- The party is open for a week, until next Friday, and I’ll open a new one Saturday. Feel free to link up every once in a while or try to complete a garment every week!
- You don’t have to blog to join in! Link up your Pattern Review, your Kollabora project or even an Instagram pic. I know there are so many lovely things made that we never see because not everyone is crazy enough to blog. I also have one person who emails me the pictures so I can get them up here.
Optional additional ideas:
- If you are on a blogging platform that supports links, please link back to http://www.grayallday.com by using the Sew it Chic in a Week button in the sidebar, or just a simple mention in the text of your post. That way more people will find the party!
- Look around and share a comment or 2 with a neighbor. I don’t mind admitting that I savor blog comments as much as a fun-filled vacation. They are encouraging and build community.
[inlinkz_linkup id=533453 mode=1]