Another sewing week has flown by and no, you didn’t see any posts from me. That is simply because I was sewing too much to post anything! Blogging takes time, and all my extra time was spent at the sewing machine finishing up my PR Wardrobe for the contest. I almost missed the deadline, I was typing my reviews up until the last minute. Whew! It was a really fun challenge. My completed contest entry is here.
I believe voting begins the 18th, so when it does I encourage you to go take a look at all the lovely things people made! Since I was sew-sew-sewing up until the last minute, then collapsed into bed. I am looking forward to a giant cup of coffee today and carefully delighting in all the wardrobe combos people put together. Really brilliant stuff!
I contacted our most viewed seamstress from the previous link-up, but she has not replied yet. I do look forward to hearing her answers and I’ll post them if she gets back to me.
But while we wait for her, I want to call out this amazing piece by Pauline from Sew You Think You Can Knock Off. It was linked up to Sew it Chic a little later in the week so it has not received a ton of clicks, but it is amazing! I audibly gasped when I saw it. She is a such a talented woman and this item is flawless! The proportions and fit of her top are so much better than the original even!
So let’s just jump right into our link-up and see what you have been making!
Here are a few rules:
- Women’s garments only
- Made or blogged in the past week only – to avoid reposts.
- The party is open for a week, until next Friday, and I’ll open a new one Saturday. Feel free to link up every once in a while or try to complete a garment every week!
- You don’t have to blog to join in! Link up your Pattern Review, your Kollabora project or even an Instagram pic. I know there are so many lovely things made that we never see because not everyone is crazy enough to blog. I also have one person who emails me the pictures so I can get them up here.
Optional additional ideas:
- If you are on a blogging platform that supports links, please link back to http://www.grayallday.com by using the Sew it Chic in a Week button in the sidebar, or just a simple mention in the text of your post. That way more people will find the party!
- Look around and share a comment or 2 with a neighbor. I don’t mind admitting that I savor blog comments as much as meeting a tight deadline. They are encouraging and build community.
[inlinkz_linkup id=526611 mode=1]