Our Sew it Chic link up is already in the double digits. So far I’ve really been enjoying it and I hope you have, too!
I’ve discovered new blogs and actually made new friends. If everyone still likes reading this and linking, then I will continue hosting every week. And I can’t wait to see what you have for me today. Remember that you don’t have to have a blog to link up. If you have written a review on Pattern Review, posted a project on Kollabora, or even just post pics on Instagram, you can still share!
This week I started on my contest wardrobe…so far so good! I am a very slow sewer, so I have to just remember to get in the sewing room everyday. Does anyone else struggle with an attitude of “if I don’t have an hour or 2, then why bother?” Especially since I’m so slow, if I only have 20 minutes, what am I going to get done? One seam? But, of course, if you sew enough single seams it does make a garment. And, just for fun, I added the wardrobe project to my timekeeping app to see how long it takes me from start to finish. I had to wait and start on Wednesday (April 1st) but I have already put in 2h 42m. Progress is being made!
At last week’s link up party, everyone was clickity click click on Jillian’s (from SewUnravelled) amazing culotte pants. They were bold and beautiful! So I contacted her to get some more info about her sewing thoughts and she graciously answered my questions.
2. Fitting: even though it’s also my most favourite thing in terms of the result, I find it a great big frustrating mystery!
Now for the link up rules:
- Women’s garments only
- Made or blogged in the past week only – to avoid reposts.
- The party is open for a week, until next Friday, and I’ll open a new one Saturday. Feel free to link up every once in a while or try to complete a garment every week!
Optional additional ideas:
- If you are on a blogging platform that supports links, please link back to http://www.grayallday.com by using the Sew it Chic in a Week button in the sidebar, or just a simple mention in the text of your post. That way more people will find the party!
- Look around and share a comment or 2 with a neighbor. I don’t mind admitting that I savor blog comments as much as waking up to coffee on my bedside table. They are encouraging and build community.
[inlinkz_linkup id=512985 mode=1]